No doubt about it: Individuals with excellent interpersonal skills rise to the top , in their careers, in their organizations and in life! You,ve probably seen it happen time and again.
Take two people with similar skills and knowledge, but one of them has enviable people skills while the other,s interpersonal skills are only mediocre. Which one gets ahead faster and goes further, You know the answer to that one , no contest! What you may not know is that effective interpersonal skills can be learned , just like any other skill. It?s true! In fact, many a top professional who appears to be a "born people person' ! comfortable and confident in any situation ? has taken training to master the interpersonal skills he or she uses to connect so powerfully with others. The ability to build effective professional relationships, to strike up instant rapport, to communicate with tact, and to make a memorable impression are nothing more than a collection of techniques that you can learn and cultivate.
Strengthening Your People Management Skills in the Workplace
is an intensive new workshop that provides you with ways to gain the essential people skills you need to push ahead in your career. No other skill set is as crucial to your professional or personal success!
At the end of the workshop, the participants will:
1. Never again experience the misunderstandings and miscommunications that have soured working relationships in the past.
2. Feel confident in situations that once caused you stress and anxiety.
3. Work effectively with people whose personalities and communication styles differ from your own.
4. Make others feel valued, important and comfortable in your presence.
5. Become more influential in your organization.
6. Improve your results in dealing with difficult people by better understanding them.
7. Handle confrontation confidently and professionally.
8. Break out of your comfort zone to feel more comfortable in unfamiliar settings or activities.
9. Connect immediately with new people and quickly build rapport.
10. Deliver criticism in a constructive way that causes positive behavior change, not anger or resentment.
11. Recognize and eliminate interpersonal tendencies and habits that are holding you back, professionally and personally.
12. Resolve conflict and move on to collaboration and cooperation.
13. Diplomatically handle tough situations by knowing exactly ,what to say when.
14. Strengthen your rapport , and your results , with those up and down the ladder.
15. Cool down heated verbal exchanges before the situation gets out of hand.
16. Reduce the stress and tension in your department by opening the lines of communication.
17. Deal quickly and effectively with those who challenge you or put you down in front of others.
18. Give sincere praise effectively and frequently , and watch your personal power grow. 19. Establish yourself as a respected leader who gets exceptional results through others.
Increasing Interpersonal Success Through Self-Awareness
- Understanding how strong interpersonal skills will magnify your personal power dramatically
- Assessing your interpersonal skills: How successfully do you interact with others
- Exploring your interpersonal behavior: In what situations do you feel powerful , Powerless! Overpowering! Unsure! Anxious!
- Analyzing various communication styles and recognizing your own
- Strategies for effectively interacting with communication styles different from yours
- Pinpointing interpersonal habits and tendencies that may be holding you back
Rapport-Building: Establishing Solid Working Relationships Up and Down the Ladder
- Where "people skills" go bad: Top mistakes that sour relationships , and how to avoid them
- Introvert or extrovert. How to use your personality type to your advantage when building rapport
- Proven techniques for "connecting" with people you don't know
- The secret to making others feel valued and important
- Bridge-builders that create strong alliances with other departments
- Creating an environment where everyone feels safe in expressing themselves openly
- Recognizing the unlimited power of sincere praise
How to Persuade and Influence Others to Your Way of Thinking
- Creating a win-win approach - your key to dealing successfully with others at all levels
- Step-by-step method for persuading others with a quick, concise message
- Assertive vs. aggressive: Understanding why strong-arm tactics backfire every time
- Tips for gaining buy-in for your ideas and plans
- Surefire techniques for winning over an adversary to your way of thinking
- Go to Plan B: Understanding your options when they simply won't see it your way
Working With Difficult People and Handling Tough Situations
- Why are difficult people difficult! The answers may surprise you
- Recognizing how your attitudes and behaviors impact the behavior of others
- Analyzing the classic types of difficult people
- Typical weapons difficult people use and how to counteract them
- Finding the right words: EASY scripts you can use to get through tough situations
- Constructive feedback: Techniques for giving criticism in a way that creates positive behavior change
- Tips for handling criticism calmly when it's dished out to you
Working Through Conflict With Tact and Finesse
- Policies that help minimize conflict in the workplace
- What's the real problem? Getting to the root cause
- Elements of constructive confrontation: How to face it calmly, confidently and head-on
- Techniques for defusing explosive situations quickly and easily
- The method of working through a situation to permanently resolve conflict
- Negotiation strategies that turn noes into yeses
- Tips for keeping your emotions from sabotaging you during conflict or confrontation
Listening Skills: Your Strategic Advantage in Interpersonal Effectiveness
- How excellent listening skills can expand your personal power
- Master the basics of active listening! and double your communication effectiveness
- Are you unintentionally shutting down important information or feedback? Here's how to stop it
- What are they really trying to tell you? Reading body language and nonverbal cues
- To feel listened to is to feel valued: How to make colleagues or employees feel "heard"
- What to do when the person you're listening to won't stop talking
People Skills to Help You Shine in Specific Situations
- Making a memorable, positive impression in those crucial first few seconds
- Interpersonal skills at work during business lunches and dinners
- Making networking events productive, instead of a torturous waste of time
- At a loss for small talk at work-related social functions! Try these tips
- Assertive communication in action:
Practicing responses for various workplace situations
- Tips for saying "no" without arousing anger or resentment
- Major communication mistakes that can damage your career , and how to avoid them
Apart from lectures the following will be incorporated:
- Group discussion
- Role plays
- Self- assessment
- Games and activities in relation to the topic discussed
Executive level employees.
RM1,588.00 per participant (Standard Fee)
RM1,388.00 per participant (Early Bird Fee, register by 16 June 2014)
Group incentive: Register 3 participants from the same organization, the 4th
participant is FREE. (Buy 3 Get 1 Free)
Kindly click here for Online Registration.