WHAT IS APEL?
According to MQA, APEL is a systematic process that involves the identification, documentation and assessment of prior experiential learning.
APEL enables people of all ages, backgrounds and attitudes to formally recognise the knowledge and skills they already have.
Level of Qualification
At the moment, APEL in Malaysia can only be use as entry requirement to HEIs for the following level of qualification:
1.Level 3 (Certificate)
2.Level 4 (Diploma)
3.Level 6 (Bachelor’s Degree)
4.Level 7 (Master’s Degree)
WHAT IS APEL.A?
APEL.A is the process which provides an opportunity to those who have professional experience but lack official academic credentials by giving a chance to continue their studies in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
In easy words, the evaluation conducted in APEL.A will evaluate both knowledge acquired via formal education and professional experience.
1.For the purpose of access to a programme, APEL.A recognises the learning regardless of the method used to acquire it.
2.You can apply APEL.A certification to aid in further your education in the field of your choice.
3.Eliminates the expense and time needed to complete a study programme.
4.Increases the chances of Employability.
5.Decreases the chances of learning replication.
WHO CAN APPLY?
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR LEVEL OF STUDY.
– Must be a Malaysian citizen / an expatriate working in Malaysia / an expatriate’s family members
– More than 21 years of age in the year of application
– Possess relevant work experience
– Passed APEL.A assessment for Bachelor’s degree level
– A Malaysian citizen
– At least 30 years of age in the year of application
– At least STPM/Diploma/equivalent qualification
– Relevant work experience
– Passed APEL.A assessment for Master’s Degree level
Enquiry related to APEL-A
(Prior Learning Assessment Centre (PLACe)
MDM.KOSHEILA RAMUNI – DIRECTOR
MR.SIVAGNANAKUMARAN – DEPUTY DIRECTOR
MR.IZZAT – EXECUTIVE