Bachelor of Cardiopulmonary and Perfusion Technology (Honours)
KPT/JPS (PA 12420)05/29
Bachelor of Cardiopulmonary and Perfusion Technology (Honours) curriculum focuses on the physiology, pathology, and associated equipment of the heart and lungs, as well as the technology used to support or assume the function of the heart or lungs during medical treatments.
The primary goal of the Bachelor of Cardiopulmonary and Perfusion Technology (Hons) programme at Lincoln University College is to educate cardiovascular perfusion students intellectually and clinically for professional practise. As allied healthcare experts with advanced training in the latest technology in their specialisation, they will be in high demand both inside the country and abroad. These graduates will play an essential role in deciding the quality of health care given.
Cardiothoracic anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology, as well as pharmacology, foetal and neonatal heart development, and perfusion science, are all covered in the curriculum. These students will be able to fully support anaesthetists and surgeons in a high-tech anaesthesia and surgical theatre.
The program of Bachelor of Cardiopulmonary and Perfusion Technology (Hons) program will produce professionals who are:
- Knowledgeable to apply critical thinking in cardiopulmonary and perfusion technology.
- Competent to practice and possess interpersonal skill to communicate with other healthcare professional.
- Professionals and capable to work ethically and protrude personal skills as well as digital skills in the healthcare environment and practice.
- Show adequate leadership skill and responsibilities with the excellent numeracy skills in in cardiopulmonary and perfusion technology.
- Able to demonstrate entrepreneurial skills.
Graduates of this programme can work in a variety of settings, including the healthcare industry, private machine manufacturing companies, technical design firms, government-funded programmes, and cardiac perfusion graduates for operation. They will be well prepared to follow several career paths, including:
- Perfusion Technologist
- Medical Case Review Physician
- Cardiovascular Perfusionist
- Respiratory Perfusionist
- Perfusion Technological Consultant
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.