Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours)
KPT/JPS (PA 15056) 10/26
This course aims to the fundamentals of conceptual, methodological and implemen-tation issues of IT-related research. This course is both highly technical and people-orientated. As well as its scientific and technical focus on areas related to software, network, web, database and internet services, areas such as management, communications and human behavior are also covered.
The Bachelor of Information Technology programme at Lincoln University College prepares students to earn a living by solving, supporting, troubleshooting, and designing everything from web sites to applications to programming networks in a variety of organisations ranging from business and government to schools, healthcare, and more. Based on their interests and professional ambitions, students can focus on network administration and security or mobile and web application development in the programme. Students will obtain a synthesis of theoretical and practical knowledge that will allow them to impact an organization’s IT infrastructure as well as the clients that utilise it.
The program of Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) will produce professionals who are:
- Knowledgeable and skilful in Information Technology and Computing discipline in-line with the industry requirement.
- Eﬀective in Technical skill and communication, possess teamwork and process interpersonal skill in an organization to contribute for the benet of the society.
- Capable to work ethically and protrude personal skills as well as digital and Numeracy skills in the IT field to solve computing related problems.
- Able to demonstrate entrepreneurship and Leadership skills and recognize the need of life-long learning for successful career advancement.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) program, the students will be prepared to pursue a career as a:
- Systems analyst or engineer
- Network engineer
- Database engineer
- Computer scientist or specialist
- Data analyst
- Information engineer or specialist
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.