Diploma in Civil Engineering
The aim of this program is to produce graduates who are both skilled in structural designing principles and have the ability to apply and solve basic engineering works and problems.The program of Diploma in Civil Engineering will produce Civil Engineering technicians who are:
- Knowledgeable and skillful in practicing the technique and using tools in the field of civil engineering.
- Professional in the civil engineering industry and continuously strive to take into account the society well being by practicing values and professional ethics.
- Able to develop leadership role with good team work and communication for the planning and implementation of civil engineering services.
- Capable of using scientific thinking skill to solve the civil engineering problems and enhance lifelong learning through continuous development
- Able to identify the business opportunities and develop managerial skill for career enhancement in the field of civil engineering.
Civil Engineering has good prospects in industry as well as higher studies. Nowadays the scope is expanding beyond its traditional boundaries. Production, distribution and servicing of technical equipment could be one’s future career path, within the industry, the public sector or even the start-up of your own new enterprise.Graduates with qualifications related to the various levels of engineering certifications may be employed either in the public or private sectors. In the public sector, graduates are engaged to design engineering facilities; supervise construction projects on behalf of the government or be involved in operating and maintaining public infrastructure facilities. In the private sector, they can be employed by consulting practices, contractors or private developers.
Popular careers with a Diploma in Civil Engineering include:
- Building control surveyor
- Contracting civil engineer
- Site engineer
- Structural engineer.
- Water engineer
- Building services engineer
- Engineering geologist
- Environmental consultant
- Assistant Field Inspector
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.