Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science
The program, Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science with Lincoln University College (LUC) program is an advanced, comprehensive program offered by the Faculty of Computer Science & Multimedia that is designed to take students to the cutting edge of expertise in one of several core areas of Computer Science. The Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science integrates theory and practice in a versatile and complementary manner. Students will be prepared for careers in science (at universities, government, or industrial research laboratories), teaching (at colleges or universities), or advanced growth (at colleges or universities) (at hardware and software companies).
For successful completion of the PhD degree in LUC, each candidate should publish a minimum of Four research articles in Scopus indexed journals, with Lincoln University College affiliation.
The program of Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science will produce researchers and educationist who can:
- Demonstrate mastery of the skills and methods of research in computer science.
- Provide the ability to critically analyze, evaluate and synthesize new and complex ideas in computer science industry.
- Show scholarly capabilities practically to generate an integral part of the research process based on the computing theoretical framework.
- Effectively convey the computer science research related output mutually.
- Communicate effectively research findings to peers, scholarly communities, and society at large in the relevant field of Computer Science.
- Apply leadership skills in society with computer- based contexts.
- Initiate Computer Science ventures and projects individually.
- Demonstrate ethics and professional skills in the field of computer science.
Students pursuing a doctorate in computer science have several career opportunities. They have the choice of working as one of the following:
- Information Research
- Network Engineer
- Website Developer
- Hardware & Software Developer
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.