Doctor of Philosophy in Data Science
KPT/JPS (PA 15774) 08/29
Doctor of Philosophy in Data Science is created to provide the knowledge and abilities required for data science research and discovery. The programme also offers substantial applied training that is aimed toward interdisciplinary collaboration because the program’s ultimate goal is to extract information and facilitate discovery from complex data.
The Doctor of Philosophy in Data Science gives broad exposure to key concepts and tools from Data analytics, AI, Machine Learning, and more knowledge and abilities to conduct data science-related research and discovery. The objective of this program is to discover information and facilitate innovation from complicated data and to discover in-depth knowledge of data-driven science about research and scientific methods, processes, and systems to extract knowledge or insights from data in various forms, either structured or unstructured. The program aims to produce data research professionals who are passionate about drawing meaningful insights from data using data science approach.
For successful completion of PhD candidate should publish minimum four research articles in Scopus indexed journals, with Lincoln University College affiliation.
The program Doctor of Philosophy in Data Science will produce professionals who are:
- Knowledgeable and skillful in the theory and practice of areas of Data Science with the concept of research work.
- Competent to practice technically and process interpersonal skill to communication making on various situations and responsibilities during their research work.
- Capable to work ethically and adopt digital and analytical skills to lend support Data Science professional in their specialty.
- Able to adopt the autonomy and responsibilities with the excellent leadership skills that is useful for industrial needs in the field of Data Science.
- Efficient to utilize personal skill to undergo entrepreneurial work in Data Science field effectively.
Doctor of Philosophy in Data Science gives students a deep understanding of programming, statistics, data analysis, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. The number of career options in data science is expanding incredibly fast. Graduates of doctoral programs in data science can work as:
- Data Scientist
- Big Data Analyst
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Mining Analyst
- Data Modeler
- Data Architect/Engineer
- Qualitative Analyst
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.