Doctor of Philosophy in Dentistry
KPT/JPS (PA 15861) 08/29
Doctor of Philosophy in Dentistry is a doctorate that aims to learn about a significant area of medical research and to cover subjects including general dentistry, implants, and dental surgery.
- A master’s degree in the field or related fields accepted by the Lincoln University College Senate; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a master’s degree recognized by the Government of Malaysia.
- Candidates without a related qualification in the field/s or working experience in the relevant fields must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the Lincoln University College.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery or equivalent qualification; and
- Master’s degree in dental sciences or equivalent qualification as required by Lincoln University College.
- This degree must have a total Student Learning Time (SLT) ranging from 1600–2000 hours. A minimum of 800–1000 hours of this degree must include among others a preclinical training component which contribute towards the specialty training.
- Registered with the MDC and holds current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) or registered with the dental regulatory body in another country and eligible to be granted a Temporary Practicing Certificate (TPC) by MDC.
- A minimum of two (2) years clinical practice after basic degree, excluding the Master’s training; and
- Health and other requirements as required by Lincoln University College.
English Requirements :
International students must have proof of good proficiency in verbal and written English. For example, International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.0 or its equivalent. If a student does not meet this requirement, HEPs must offer English proficiency courses to ensure that the student’s proficiency is sufficient to meet the needs of the programme.