Master in Nursing
The Master in Nursing in the Faculty of Nursing (Lincoln University College) is able to produce professional graduates who are equipped with proficient skills in the field of specialty. The supervision on research process and students attachment to their own specialty in the clinical areas enable students to enhance competency in their specialized areas.
The Master in Nursing in the Faculty of Nursing (Lincoln University College) is able to produce professional graduates who are equipped with proficient skills in the field of specialty. The supervision on research process and students attachment to their own specialty in the clinical areas enable students to enhance competency in their specialized areas. This attachment enables students to be more analytical, and inculcates leadership skills in their daily process of work, students are able to reflect,evaluate and provide ideas in making decision. Graduates will acquire a highly developed understanding of complexity in nursing theories, perceptions and technologies innovation that can be functional in the health delivery system to effectively and efficiently in providing safe nursing care in various specialties. Students after completing this course can pursue careers as Clinical Nurse and Nurse Practitioner as a researcher in public and private hospitals or community health clinic.
The aims of the Master in Nursing:
- Strengthen the research methodology and professional knowledge of the graduates to meet the challenging demands in the research both nationally and globally
- Develop graduates by enhancing the understanding of evidence based practice to enable them to take up leadership roles in planning and implementing nursing care
- Utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills, teamwork effective communication skills and scientific skills which contribute effectively to the community
- Promote and enhance professional, ethical value and aspiration of career development and to pursue further higher education through lifelong learning
- Develop leadership and management skills in pursuing career development and acquire the entrepreneurship skills in health care services.
The Master in Nursing is designed to provide students’ academic and technical skills in broad areas to enable them to find their niche in the industry, government sector, public advocacy, legislation and academic to become independent nurse managers, educators and researcher. Graduates can continue education and pursue courses in teaching and mentoring to enable them to supervise, coach and teach undergraduate students. There are also opportunities in higher education in a lecturer-practitioner role, which allow graduates to combine an interest in teaching with hands-on practice, research and on consultant roles.
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.