Master of Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical engineering is referred to as the ‘mother’ branch of engineering. The Master of Mechanical Engineering allows students to pursue in-depth study in areas such as design, development, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems for a wide range of industries, including transportation, automation, medical, energy generation, electronic, sports and aerospace.
Mechanical engineering is referred to as the ‘mother’ branch of engineering. The Master of Mechanical Engineering allows students to pursue in-depth study in areas such as design, development, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems for a wide range of industries, including transportation, automation, medical, energy generation, electronic, sports and aerospace. The students will be exposed to other engineering subjects like management as well as professional practice to understand the relationship that exist between the organization and individuals that is related to the Mechanical Engineering field. Practical application of the knowledge and skills will be demonstrated in projects reflected at both the personal and work level. The program combines core mechanical engineering courses with technical electives including Operational Research, Reliability and Maintenance Engineering Natural Forms of Energy, Design of Material Handling Equipment, Industrial Design and Ergonomics Project Management that enable the student to increase his/her knowledge and competence related to Mechanical Engineering marketable job scope.
For successful completion of Masters degree in LUC, each candidate should publish minimum of Two research articles in scopus indexed journals, with Lincoln affiliation.
A Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering provides the knowledge and principles of physics and materials science to the design, improvement, creation or analysis of mechanical processes, products or systems. The aims of this programme are,
- To meet the ever increasing current industrial demand by providing knowledge regarding the principles underlying mechanical science.
- To identify and address the current and future mechanical engineering problems related to structural dynamics, production, conversion, efficiency, and control within a broader framework of sustainable development;
- To combine advanced mechanical engineering subjects with management modules specially designed for engineers.
- To provide advanced levels of training suitably geared for students pursuing careers in industry, research and development, services and consultancy.
- To apply a multi-disciplinary approach to conceive, plan, design, and implement solutions to problems in the field of mechanical science.
The Master of Mechanical engineers use physics, mechanics, thermodynamics, structural analysis and materials science to research, design, develop and manufacture tools, machines, engines and various other mechanical devices. They may also proceed with applied research, product development, teaching or management professions. Some careers that professionals can attain once they complete the course are:
- Aerospace engineer
- Automotive engineer
- Contracting civil engineer
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Maintenance engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Corporate investment banker
- Mining engineer
- Patent attorney
- Production manager
- Technical sales engineer
- Water engineer
- Piping Engineering
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.