Master of Science in Biotechnology
Master of Science in Biotechnology is considered to be a multidisciplinary degree that includes aspects of biology and chemistry. Students gain knowledge about Proteomics, Bio-informatics, Genomics along with Micro-organisms. In this manner efficient professionals and expertise will be generated in the field of biotechnology for the biotechnology industry intended for research and development.
Master of Science in Biotechnology is considered to be a multidisciplinary degree that includes aspects of biology and chemistry. Students gain knowledge about Proteomics, Bio-informatics, Genomics along with Microbial epidemiology. In this manner efficient professionals and expertise will be generated in the field of biotechnology for the biotechnology industries intended for research and development. In the present time biotechnology is an applied area of science with a multidisciplinary viewpoint encompassing recombinant DNA technology, Cellular Biology, Microbiology, as well as process design, genetic engineering, drug and protein modelling and quality control.
For successful completion of Masters degree in LUC, each candidate should publish minimum of Two research articles in scopus indexed journals, with Lincoln affiliation.
The programme deals with the knowledge as well as the principles related to the biotechnology in accordance with health and science sectors. The course offers information about the living organisms and their ecosystems as well. Moreover, this course evaluates the use of technology to benefit humanity. The programme is intended to teach the potential implications of biotechnology and to learn its significance in our daily lives.
The programme will produce Biotechnologists who are:
- Knowledgeable in relevant areas of biotechnology as well will be able to contribute to the socio-economy of the society
- Aware of current issues and technological advancement in biotechnology taking into account relevant commercial, ethical and legal issues
- Competent in communication and interpersonal skills as well as capable of providing leadership in teamwork in the organization he/she works in
- Technically skilled to conduct research and in turn, embraces life-long learning.
- Eligible with analytical, problem solving capabilities and able to apply managerial skills in order to enumerate biotechnological policies related to sustainability with improvement of quality of life of the citizens
- Environmental Specialist
- Livestock Production
- Agro Based Industries
- Food Processing Industries
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Manufacturing bio sustainable products
- Healthcare sectors
- Research Laboratories
+1300 880 111 (Malaysia)
+603-7806 3478 (International)
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.