Master of Science in Dentistry
The Master of Science in Dentistry under the Faculty of Dentistry is designed to provide the students the basic education needed to become a dental practitioner while introducing a unique course education system and to promote the development of a new academic discipline for dental medicine as a leader of oral health science. The student will get hands on working experience to get knowledge on their preferred area of choice. After completing the program they may specialize within a particular area of dentistry for example orthodontics, paediatric dentistry, periodontics, or prosthodontics programs for research at a Doctorate level. Current employment trends reveal a growing need for qualified dental professionals in response to a rising demand for dental services. Dentistry provides a rewarding and diverse career path and is a health profession concerned with caring for people of all ages. The students can pursue public sector dental health, hospital dental clinics, international health care and the research industry.
The program of Master of Science in Dentistry will produce graduates who are,
- Knowledgeable with practical skills for scientific approach in dental science with special focus on specialization areas.
- Able to evaluate the scientific factors, with ethical values and professionalism which are analytical, creative, innovative, sensitive and responsive towards the community, culture and environment.
- Capable of developing the leadership role in planning, implementing and performing tasks by working together in a team and communicating in the field of dental sciences.
- Able to inculcate skills for problem identification, analytical problem solving and publication of research outcomes.
- Capable of identifying lifelong learning and information management skill in planning and conducting research and development within the profession of dental science.
Owing to the increasing dental problems in the country, Master of Science in Dentistry is in great demand. Besides, more and more people have now become conscious about their looks and consult dentists for cosmetic correction of their teeth. This has led to the prosperity in the field of dentistry. This has enhanced the range and significance of a professional degree in the discipline. In the light of increasing incidents of various dental disorders, the necessity of dentists is growing fast. Liberalization of economy has opened better opportunities for these professionals in terms of remuneration, research and working facilities. Outstanding employment opportunities are obtainable for dental professionals in hospitals, nursing homes, dental clinics and health departments. Apart from this, as a dentist the students can work in research and advisory departments of pharmaceuticals. Opportunities are there in companies producing oral care products like toothpaste, mouth wash, and gum care products. Self-employment is also a promising avenue. With experience, the student can start own individual clinic for financial prospects along with a greater level of independence. So there is good scope for dental professionals abroad with lot of career opportunities available worldwide.
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.