Master of Science in Microbiology
Master of Science in Microbiology is designed to strengthen the scientific knowledge and skills of microbial techniques and the role of microorganisms in human life. Microbiology is a rapidly growing science and the diversity in microorganisms seems to be enormous. By understanding the behavior and characteristics of microbes, Microbiologists can solve a range of problems affecting human health, environment, food and agriculture. Modern techniques in biotechnology are based on the application of microbial pure cultures with clearly defined properties, and progress in the fields of gene technology and genome and proteome analysis relies largely on the study of microorganisms. This programmme helps to prepare individuals to work as microbiologists who utilize biotechnology to learn more about human disease and cell reproduction. The curriculum for Microbiology is structured in such a manner that the students from pharmacy, medicine,biochemistry, environment, health science and other bio science students can enroll in the program to enrich their capacity in the field of Microbiology in order to broaden their sphere of opportunities in the marketplace. The programme is designed as a trans formative program, which offers students the education, training, and first-hand experience essential for successful international careers.
For successful completion of Masters degree in LUC, each candidate should publish minimum of Two research articles in scopus indexed journals, with Lincoln affiliation.
The purpose of this program is to encourage students to make unceasing and diligent efforts to pursue holistic self-development to cultivate self-discipline and integrity, to nurture creativity into broad-minded future leaders with international outlook. The programme of Master in Microbiology will produce professionals who are:
- Knowledgeable and technically competent in the advanced field of microbiology.
- Capable of designing scientific projects professionally by taking into consideration factors like value, ethics and take the responsibility to contribute to the society.
- Critical thinkers in providing solution by utilizing knowledge and experience in making decision in microbiological application related problems.
- Competent with oral and written communications skills to discuss and present scientific information and helping to acquire leadership and team building skills.
- Proficient with information management skills to pursue advanced educational opportunities, along with the development of life-long learning skills for enquiry based learning
Master of Science in Microbiology programme designed based on fundamental theories, skills, creativity, innovative and research capability that are essential for the students at their future workplace. The programme teaches students to have a careers in the prevention, diagnosis and control of infections and disease, as well as food safety, understanding the role that microbes play in climate change, and developing green technologies. Jobs directly related to this degree include:
- Biomedical scientist
- Clinical research associate
- Food technologist
- Industrial microbiologists
- Research scientist (life sciences)
- Scientific laboratory technician
- Technical brewer
- Environmental microbiologists
- Forensic scientist
- Science writer
- Water quality scientist
- Public health microbiologists
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.