Bachelor of Islamic Studies (Hons)
Students will gain insight about the understanding of key areas associated with Islamic Studies such as the foundation texts, early and modern history, philosophical and political thought, Muslim societies in majority and minority contexts, unity and diversity, as well as ethnicity and identity.
The Islamic Studies is a part of a moderate arts programme offered at undergraduate level at this University. Islamic Studies attempts to revise the whole range of Islamic civilization and culture. Its main interests include, beside the religion of Islam, topics such as the socio-economic structure, military, administration, development of various sciences and thought, cultural life, cosmology, mysticism, literature and fine arts, and many other aspects of Islamic civilization. It provides students a prospect to revise the expansion of Islamic history, civilization and culture from an interdisciplinary perspective.
The University offers a extensive range of disciplines with flexible study patterns that meet the academic needs and interests of the students at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The programme aims is to focus on Muslim cultures and societies both past and present and Recognizing the diversity of approaches within Islam and its global reach, the program aims at providing students with guidance in the textual traditions and social life of Muslims across different times and places. This programme offers an academic approach that integrates proportional and theoretical methods that have developed in the modern academic study of Islam. Students may also gain information about the linguistic variance and cultural convergence in the Islamic world throughout history. The primary aims of the programme are as follows:-
- To prepare students with ample Islamic knowledge so that they are able to practice them in every day life.
- To present the correct image and illustration of Islam for the betterment of the Muslim Ummah and the world community at large.
- To provide students with Islamic, social, technical and academic information required to participate efficiently in the community.
- To focus study on various branches of Islamic awareness in order to pave the way to deal with applications of Islamic information for the solution of current issues.
- To study the entire range of Islamic civilization and culture to include, beside the religion of Islam, the socio-economic structure, military, administration, development of different sciences and ideas, cultural life, cosmology, mysticism, literature and fine arts, and many other features of Islamic civilization.
There are immense profession fields for the students in Islamic Studies. Graduates are eligible for positions in general and religious administrations in public or private religious institutions. Specialist expertise in various forms of Islamic religion and Muslim cultures, combined with knowledge of comparative and social scientific approaches to culture and religion are of growing importance in today’s world. Students with the specialist skills have an advantage in many workplaces. Along with the scope for further research and teaching, graduates of this programme may enter in the jobs related to-
- international aid
- public service
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.