Bachelor of Psychology
The Bachelor of Psychology program provides a basic knowledge and skills required to understand the behavior of both individual and groups, which is necessary to influence the way educators, policy makers and the community surveyor work about mental health and the workings of the human mind.
Entry Requirements :
- Pass in the Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) examination with at least in 2 subjects (NGMP 2.0) and obtain at least credit in Mathematics and Science and pass in English at the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia SPM level); or
- Pass in Matriculation/ Foundation with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and obtain at least credit in Mathematics and Science and pass in English at the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia SPM level); or
- Pass in Diploma (Level 4, MQF) in psychology with at least CGPA 2.00; or
- Pass in Diploma (Level 4, MQF) in any field or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and obtain at least credit in Mathematics and Science as well as pass in English at SPM level; or
- Other qualifications recognized as equivalent by the Government of Malaysia.
The primary aim of The Bachelor of Psychology program is to equip student with contemporary integrative approach towards psychology and its application regarding the psychology as appropriate at undergraduate level. The programme furnishes the students the experience necessary to learn about current practices in the fields of counseling, psychology and its relevance in the current context and the basic principles of scientific research and clinical psychology.
Aims of Bachelor of Psychology are:
- To offer students a solid foundation of core psychological principles and expose them to a broad cross-section of topics within basic and applied psychology
- To help students develop research and communication skills, and attain strong background in psychology as a science.
- To foster critical thinking amongst the students to address evolving issues related to education, work, health-care, and everyday life.
- To provide a solid foundation in modern psychology and diversity of skills to prepare the student for a wide range of careers concerning human behavior and experiences
To provide an understanding and capability to work independently for the management of human resource and personal development for other services
Psychology is concerned with the scientific understanding of human behaviour. It is both an academic discipline and a professional one. After successful completion of this course graduate can take further steps to practice as a professional psychologist or can continue postgraduate studies by working as a researcher by participating in the revolutionary work. They can also work on psychology related to molecular genetics, developmental cognitive neuroscience, neuropsychology and brain imaging.
After completion of this course professionals are expected to emerge as,
- Social policy researchers
- Human resources professionals
- Immigration and correctional officers
- Social workers
- Market researchers
- Career development practitioners
- Health promotion officers
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.