Master of Arts in Teaching of English as Second Language (MATESL)
The Master of Arts in Teaching of English as Second Language (MATESL) programme under the Faculty of Social Science Arts and Humanities is a noble calling, empowering students to take their places in the global community and become active participants in the teaching environments.
The Master of Arts in Teaching of English as Second Language (MATESL) programme under the Faculty of Social Science Arts and Humanities is a noble calling, empowering students to take their places in the global community and become active participants in the teaching environments. The programme combines the precise training in methods of teaching English and practice with the analytical tools of education. The programme teaches students a wide range of skills that are valuable for careers in government schools, private schools, and international educational organizations. This programme is taught by experts by using a variety of formats (lectures, seminars, workshops,) as well as multimedia by language labs to make the program highly interactive and stimulating to the students. MATESL program has an excellent reputation worldwide and will open the door for graduates to teach in a variety of ESL settings. The programme is designed as a transformative program, which offers students the education, training, and first-hand experience essential for successful international careers.
The MATESL program at LUC will provide graduates with a solid grounding in both the theoretical and practical aspects of teaching English as a second language. The aims of this programme are,
- To enhance English as Second Language (ESL) teachers knowledge to offer a high quality and outstanding English language teaching experience for the students
- To provide ESL teachers with an understanding of the latest English language theories and practices so that they can contribute efficiently in the teaching ESL classroom.
- To develop ability in critically choosing, using and evaluating different language teaching materials, procedures and approaches.
- To encourage skills in conducting independent research in areas of second language learning and teaching, so that the candidates will be equipped with the latest ESL teaching approaches.
- To provide opportunities for higher ESL learning according to the changing needs of the present time and the new millennium.
TESL is one of the topmost growing and largest in the world with an international possibility. The acquired knowledge and skills after completing this program will be widely sought-after to enable all the different departments in an ESL teaching organization to work together for the profit of the entire system. The graduate students in ESL program will enhance the career prospects of people not only from an ESL point of view, but also from different backgrounds like Travel and Tourism Sectors who wish to enhance their career prospects.
Our graduates work for
- Universities and other public and private schools
- International corporations,
- NGOs and in private practice in the United States and abroad. They teach English to people of all ages and circumstances, administer ESOL programs, create new programs, and develop new teaching methods.
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.