Master of Business Administration in Insurance
Master of Business Administration in Insurance program is designed to teach students in various methods for identifying, measuring and managing corporate risk. In these programs, students primarily concentrate on current legal, financial, and ethical issues facing insurance professionals.
Master of Business Administration in insurance program is designed to teach students in various methods for identifying, measuring and managing corporate risk. In these programs, students primarily concentrate on current legal, financial, and ethical issues facing insurance professionals. It is targeted at professionally experienced, ambitious students who aspire to leadership positions in insurance companies and contexts. The outcomes of the proposed program, as envisaged, would certainly contribute significantly towards a societal outlook and responsibility to improved quality of Insurance and Management. The curriculum Master of Business Administration in Insurance introduces student into the knowledge and skills in areas relevant to the field of insurance management, such as ‘business Economics’, business accounting and finance’, ‘marketing management’, ‘insurance and risk management’, ‘mutual funds and portfolio management’ and ‘fundamentals of infrastructure project financing’. After completion of this course, the students can opt for research pursuing further Ph.D. programmes in the related fields, can work as a successful managers of risk management in insurance industries.
For successful completion of Masters degree in LUC, each candidate should publish minimum of Two research articles in scopus indexed journals, with Lincoln affiliation.
The Master of Business Administration in Insurance programme is designed to give students academic and technical skills in broad areas to enable them to find their niche in, government sector, public advocacy, legislation, academics, and research. The students will graduate with fundamental knowledge related to the science of insurance management with enhanced understanding in virtually all the aspects that are necessary for making transition into economy and to compete head on with the global workforce. This programme is intended for those, who desire to pursue a career in the Insure industry and would learn in detail about the varied aspects of Insurance Management and Administration. Knowledge acquired through this programme, would help the students to implement effectual policies in the business context.
The aims of this programme are:
• To train the students with the effective written and oral communication skills and their functions in a business context.
• To make understand the purpose and design of different insurance products, and how these products are distributed
• To describe the basic quantitative skills that are essential in actuarial analysis and how to manage an insurance company in a local, global and multi-cultural environment
• To build a strong foundation in the fundamentals of business, the global environment and the analytical tools for the insurance sector needed for students for intelligent decision- making.
• To provide the knowledge and application of the social, ethical and legal responsibilities of insurance companies and key theoretical concepts and practical applications regarding insurance management.
Insurance sector provides numerous opportunities for candidates every year. Job in the insurance sector is always target oriented. Job as an insurance officer requires patience and involves making the public aware about the positive aspects of insurance. Post-graduates can work as Assistant Administrative Officers through the employment exam conducted by the insurance companies. They may also proceed with applied research, product development, teaching or management professions. The programme teaches students a wide range of skills that are valuable for careers in government, and international organizations.
Some careers that graduates can attain once they complete the course are
· Administrative Officer (AO)
· Insurance Underwriter
· Customer Service Representative
· Asset Manager/IT Manager
· Management Analyst
· Composite Agent
· Financial Manager
· Development Officer
· Financial Advisor
· Sales Representative
· HR Manager
· Insurance manager/agent
· Insurance Group Representative
· Life Insurance Agents
· Insurance broker