Doctor of Philosophy in Mass Communication
The program Doctor of Philosophy in Mass Communication with Lincoln University College emphasises interdisciplinary studies, with courses and research suited to the student’s interests and guided by faculty members.
The program Doctor of Philosophy in Mass Communication with Lincoln University College emphasises interdisciplinary studies, with courses and research suited to the student’s interests and guided by faculty members. The program teaches research methods, communication theory, and teaching techniques. It not only focuses on educating students to be exceptional university professors, but it also encourages them to pursue scholarly research in journalism and mass communication, as well as media management. It is a multi-conceptual and research-based degree programme aimed at producing top-notch journalists and researchers.
For successful completion of PhD degree in LUC, each candidate should publish minimum of Four research articles in Scopus indexed journals, with Lincoln affiliation.
The programme of Doctor of Philosophy in Mass Communication will produce professionals who are eligible to:
- Impart in-depth knowledge and critical understanding of mass communication including deeper insight into current research.
- Integrate practical, communication, and interpersonal skills to conduct mass communication research.
- Create and analyse different digital and numeracy skills to critically evaluate mass communication research independently.
- Inculcate acumen in research, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
- Imbue professional ethics, social responsibility, and values of global research.
Outside of academia, mass communication graduates can pursue careers in advertising companies, non-profits, research organisations and public relations businesses, and more. Individuals holding a Doctor of Philosophy in Mass Communication may choose to consider the following academic and non-academic employment opportunities:
- Marketing & Communication Associate
- Media Consultant
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.